Pat Masters - Partner, Corporate Trainer and Project Manager.
Pat Masters brings considerable experience (25 years +) to her training delivery for the Great Performances Group. Her areas of knowledge and skills include project management, and change management.
Pat is known for her highly engaging workshops and her capacity to find innovative approaches and solutions to meet management needs. Her facilitation and delivery style is dynamic, highly experiential.
She is a certified facilitator, holds a Project Management Professional designation, a certified adult educator and a certified coach/trainer in emotional intelligence.
Training clients include:
Pat is a certified facilitator and has worked with Royal Commissions, social service agencies, not for profit organizations, colleges and universities, Minister’s Working Groups, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, the Summit of the Americas (2001), bi-lateral trade of medical devices, Justice Canada, Health Canada, RCMP, Export Development Corporation, Service Canada, Global Affairs Canada, integrated security teams for 2010 Vancouver Olympics, first nations, DND, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, and the Canadian Medical Association.
Project Management Management Workshops with Pat Masters
Everyone is working on projects, some without using the tools and techniques that are unique to project management and the project results are falling short of expectations. Pat can quickly transfer to your staff such critical skills as:
- Getting project scope
- Developing a project plan
- Stakeholder management
- Dealing with change and conflict during the project
- Identifying and managing risk
- Building better budgets and time estimates
- Balancing the competing interests of coming in on time, on budget and at scope
A Roadmap for Competency-Based Project Management
This two day workshop allows participants to work on their own projects during the learning process – the bonus with this approach is participants are coming out of the classroom with more than 50% of their projects done while having mastered project management techniques.
- The Basics
- What is and isn’t a project
- Who are the players, what’s their role and why it matters
- A project experience to know the phases of a project
- Working on our Projects
- Getting projects scoped out
- Evaluation project scope for success factors
- Getting a project definition
- Testing projects for viability
- Deciding what has to be done first
- Planning our Projects
- Identifying major bodies of work
- Identifying tasks
- Estimating time and cost
- Conducting risk assessments
- Ensuring that the work is assigned to the right people
- Best Practices
- Where conflicts arise in projects
- Documenting the project
- Scheduling techniques
- Closing out the project
- Evaluating projects against expectations
- Conducting lessons learned
This workshop isn’t a lecture. It is a high energy event that has participants working in teams applying techniques for projects of their own design.